Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas is on the horizon

With Christmas only one week away, I am finding myself getting very excited for it. Mostly due to the fact that for 15 years strait, I have gotten some LEGO for Christmas. But this year I am more exited by that fact that I am giving LEGO, rather then receiving LEGO. ( I do believe I am, but with the numbering system used by my family, I can't be positive) To elaborate, I built a ship, and bought the parts off Bricklink to build another. The ship is a present for my Dad, who is somewhat into LEGO, but also into ships. I feel he will really enjoy the present

On another Christmasy note, is the Cross Bone Clipper.

In the Christmas of either 1997 or 1998 (My memory is a little hazy in that era) I received 6250 Cross Bone Clipper. This would have been my third Pirate set (After 1464/1696 Pirate Lookout and 6252 Sea Mates) and my last pirate set until the year 2008, when the Pirates 2 came out. At the time, I wasn't really into pirates, and this ship was just "Oh cool, Pirate ship!". Now, after 13/14 years, all I can say about this is "Oh, ugly Pirate ship." Well, it is more then that. It has quite a lot of nostalgia for an ship that would accurately be described as a dingy. Not to mention those are my favorite hulls. Hmmmm, I all of a sudden want to build a revamped version of this. And on top of it all, it does have some good pieces in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment